Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Gente di Mare reunion in USA
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:01 am
    ----
Well, it looks like this just may happen! I will try my best to make this. Mike since NY is your home turf, you will have to make sure any hotels we may book aren't in bad neighborhoods or anything. As far as work goes I coluld not make it past June 15th or so through July. That is our busiest time at work and they would never let me take vacation time then. May, early June and all of August are good as far as work goes. Is Ellis Island open to the public again?

#17: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:40 am
    ----
goganga wrote:
ricbru wrote:
I hope Biff, Gina, Lori, Simona will reply their opinion soon. I'm so thrilled, I'm floating on clouds, It looks like this dream is coming true.
What is the best month for everybody and for New York weather?

That could be okay for me.
I haven't problems to choose the month and the duration of the trip: my boss is very permissive!!! Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

Simi, maybe we can travel togheter in the same flight, if you don't mind.
We have plenty of time to organize everything.
I can not travel between the middle of june and the middle of september
ciao Riccardo Very Happy

#18: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:43 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Well, it looks like this just may happen! I will try my best to make this. Mike since NY is your home turf, you will have to make sure any hotels we may book aren't in bad neighborhoods or anything. As far as work goes I coluld not make it past June 15th or so through July. That is our busiest time at work and they would never let me take vacation time then. May, early June and all of August are good as far as work goes. Is Ellis Island open to the public again?

Cathy, you are just right, if I come to NY I also really want to go and visit Ellis Island, I can not go to NY and found it closed because I afford 8 hours by plane to get there, it is not easy for me
let us know,
bye Riccardo Very Happy

#19: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:52 am
    ----
Riccardo, I think going after September would be the best time for everyone, since summers in the US. are just nasty anyways, LOL.

October would be awesome! Not terribly hot, and not freezing...yet!


Liz

#20: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:54 am
    ----
chanchisfea wrote:
Riccardo, I think going after September would be the best time for everyone, since summers in the US. are just nasty anyways, LOL.

October would be awesome! Not terribly hot, and not freezing...yet!


Liz

I think you are just right
let's see what everybody think about that
ciao Riccardo Very Happy

#21: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:18 am
    ----
ricbru wrote:
Simi, maybe we can travel togheter in the same flight, if you don't mind.
We have plenty of time to organize everything.
I can not travel between the middle of june and the middle of september
ciao Riccardo Very Happy

Certo!!!
As I'm very afraid to travel alone.... If I were not worried to fly alone, I already were in the USA or Canada now. Neutral

For me is okay also September/October 2007........... Rolling Eyes

#22: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:22 am
    ----
Simy,
2008 not 2007 - next year. I's so glad you can come!! I'm sure Riccardo wil protect you!! Very Happy

#23: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:23 am
    ----
Cathy, I know! I was kidding! Mr. Green

#24: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:32 am
    ----
Cathy..you know Simy wants to get here as soon as she can! Mr. Green

#25: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:37 am
    ----
I know - you can't wait!! Maybe when your done in New York you can come to Chicago with me!! It's beautiful here in the fall with all the colors of the leaves changing.

#26: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:59 am
    ----
October would be the best month for me also. Besides visiting Ellis Island, maybe we'll be lucky enough to be in New York when one of the Italian neighborhoods is having a festa or maybe we could head to Arthur Avenue and spend a day in the bakeries, delis and restaurants there. Yum!!!

Biff

#27: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:14 am
    ----
goganga wrote:
ricbru wrote:
Simi, maybe we can travel togheter in the same flight, if you don't mind.
We have plenty of time to organize everything.
I can not travel between the middle of june and the middle of september
ciao Riccardo Very Happy

Certo!!!
As I'm very afraid to travel alone.... If I were not worried to fly alone, I already were in the USA or Canada now. Neutral

For me is okay also September/October 2007........... Rolling Eyes

Come on Simy Smile ...Don't you ever travel by train or bus on your own? Bet you do!

So....when you get to the airport just pretend you're catching a train to Milano. Get on it and 'voila' problem solved. You just sit in the seat, but unlike the trains, you'll have someone serve you with a couple of meals. You can go to the bathroom - same as on a train - better than on a bus. The main difference is that you have to book ahead of the journey and you can't watch the driver!!!
LOL LOL

Su forza - coraggio!!!

#28: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:46 am
    ----
Biff83 wrote:
October would be the best month for me also. Besides visiting Ellis Island, maybe we'll be lucky enough to be in New York when one of the Italian neighborhoods is having a festa or maybe we could head to Arthur Avenue and spend a day in the bakeries, delis and restaurants there. Yum!!!

Biff

Here's something about Little Italy:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._Manhattan
The feast of San Gennero is in September every year. Check it out here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...an_Gennaro
Sound like a good time to me!

#29: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:27 am
    ----
Good Simona, I hope next year in September or October this dream will come true. I know in October there is the Colombus Day.
ciao Riccardo Very Happy

#30: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:26 am
    ----
I would be happy to find some great places for everyone to see. It is really beautiful around here during that time of year. Gina, you have to come too, you know the city like I do so I need your help!! I can't wait Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green



-> General Discussion Groups

All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 7