Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Small Introduction of myself
-> About Us

#1: Small Introduction of myself Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:06 pm
    ----
I am listed as lilbees on this site. My name is Barb Yeoman and I live in Georgia, USA. I am retired and am now hotly working on my family genealogy.

I am not doing this just to collect names but in "the moment" it seems that is what happens and no real relevance to a direct line.

I want to know my family. Those who I had met briefly as a child and those I never met but heard stories about. Wanting to put a face on these people and try to get to know about their lives. So far it has been an exciting trip. I have developed a great deal of empathy for what many of my family members have gone through in their lives. I am amazed at the strength and the faith they had. I am proud of the work they did and the hardships they have endured.

So for me, its not just numbers of ancestors I can collect or discover but the real living people and their lives. I have, I am sure, many cousins out there who are living that I would like to get to know if I can. Most of my generation has passed on. (I am 70+). I am very curious and willing to learn whatever to achieve my goals.

Love being a part of this forum.

lilbees (the name says it all, my love for nature, people, etc.)

#2: Re: Small Introduction of myself Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:12 am
    ----
Well Barb, we are happy to have you here with us. You add so much knowledge to the forum. I am looking forward to leaning a lot from you as we go on.

I, like you, am doing this for the history, not just the names. My family knew so little about each other that my goal is to write a book when I've gotten enough information. There are so many folks here that are an inspiration to me and my research.

#3: Re: Small Introduction of myself Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:07 am
    ----
Well Barb, we have the same purpose! I still struggle to learn more about the family dynamic and lives. It's great to have you here and thanks for sharing. Very Happy

#4: Re: Small Introduction of myself Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:33 am
    ----
What a nice intro, Barb! I think you have done an amazing job on your research so far. Gina...a book? I think thats great. I've often wondered if I could do the same thing but I think Carole would shoot me since I would probably be bugging her for help every five minutes. You all have done great....

Thanks for sharing with us.

#5: Re: Small Introduction of myself Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:02 am
    ----
Hi Barb
So nice to know that you are in our age bracket (Carole and I) but age is only a number on a piece of paper its what's in your heart and mind that counts and if your like us (I hope I'm speaking for Carole too) In our minds we're still just in our teens - (just a pity sometimes that the body doesnt always follow the instructions from the 'mind' Smile Smile Smile )
Lately, with lots of help from my friends here on Gente etc, I have just found decendants - (my father's cousins family) and I'm writing to them and have received photographs etc too it has been so emotional and sooo exciting.
I hope the same will happen for you.
Love
God Bless
Emmy

#6: Re: Small Introduction of myself Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:59 am
    ----
Thank you all for your kind remarks. Not going to write a book. Only trying to make one for our history so my grandchildren and great grandchildren get to know their family. That is why it is especially important to understand the lives of my family. Certainly hope to make some kind of contact with possible family members hopefully to learn more.

Have a great day everyone.

lilbees

#7: Re: Small Introduction of myself Author: carnieLocation: Barnsley. South Yorks. PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:38 pm
    ----
Greetings from England Barb, your introduction more or less mirrored my reasons for searching out my family tree. My Grandfather was born in 1875 in a little village called Pico in Italy, married in England in 1904 to an Italian girl. Whilst I have been successful in finding my Grandmother's family tree, my Grandfather's is proving more difficult.
This is a great site, and like the other members thanks for sharing with us.
Best wishes.
Mike.

#8: Re: Small Introduction of myself Author: amorese PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:50 am
    ----
Hi. I am searching this site for others seeking info on the Italian surname Finelli from Pico Italy. I currently live in the US.

#9: Re: Small Introduction of myself Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:06 pm
    ----
Nice to have you with us on "Gente" amorese...

If you give us a little more information we might be able to help and guide you in the right direction!

#10: Re: Small Introduction of myself Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:04 am
    ----
Hi Amorese welcome to Gente and as Carole said..........let us know what you're looking for and we'll be happy to help if we can.

-> About Us