Request for extracts ignored by L'ufficio di Stato Civile
Last post by charliemis in Southern Italy on Oct 23, 2017 at 11:38:43

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carolmayfield32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Looking for siblings of Paternal Grandfather, Pasquale Richard Racana born in Potenza, Italy on 28 Dec 1876....believe he had a sister who was a nun in the Vatican?
Also his parents, believe in Potenza......date unknown.

Also looking for siblings of Paternal Grandmother, Amalia Esther DiAndria, born in Potenza, Italy on 10June1882.
Maybe possible the Nun is her sister?

Thank you for any help you may have for me

Carol Racana Watson
Paolo47
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Hi Carol,
I did find 3 siblings for Pasquale.
Vincenza, Sept 1876 tinyurl.com/hyhppeq

Giuseppe Nov 1885 i.imgur.com/21Ee8Xt.jpg

Concetta March 1887 i.imgur.com/BfB8wd3.jpg

The three share the same parents as Pasquale.
Gaetano and Filomena Riviello.

One sibling for Amalia.
Ernesto Dec 1885 i.imgur.com/Jk42ceO.jpg

He shares the same mother and father as Amalia.
Giovanni and Adelaide Lambriola.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Paolo47
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Carol,

Here is the birth act for Pasquale, but he is born in 1879.

i.imgur.com/R4UTews.jpg

You have him born in 1876 and I could not find him in that year.

Here is this Pasquales Marriage act with the parents named.

i.imgur.com/6jWXVyB.jpg

Paul

carolmayfield32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Paul, this fills in some of the blanks. Maybe Concetta was the Nun? I met her once 10yrs old, when she came from Rome to sister-in-law funeral. She was wearing her habit, had red hair & blue eyes. Wish I knew more about her.
Thank you very much for your help.
Carol
Paolo47
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Hi again, Carol,

More siblings for Racana and D'Andria.

Lucia Racana, born 1893, i.imgur.com/Y7RascV.jpg

Maria Adele Racana, born 1894 i.imgur.com/a1IYKJ1.jpg

Giovanni Racana, born 1897, i.imgur.com/VP8KzXp.jpg

They all have the same Father and Mother, Gaetano and Filomena Riviello.

Rosina D'Andria, born 1889, i.imgur.com/HWGcCS8.jpg

Vincenza D'Andria, born 1895, i.imgur.com/aG4YBnS.jpg

They all have the same Father and Mother, Giovanni and Adelaide Labriola.

Carol, you might be able to rule out Concetta, since she has a notation on her birth record about her marriage to Rocco DiBello. Some of the other girls also have a marriage notation.

Probably better to look at the girls that did not have a marriage notation, but either way, it would be hard to identify which one became a nun.

Paul

carolmayfield32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Paul. thank you again for this information......had never heard that Pasquale had so many siblings. Have a lot of work to do!

This request is about my Racana great grandmother Gaetano Canonica.....supposedly born in Carlow, Ireland. She went to Carolei Calabria Italy, married Francisco Felice (Felici) & had one son with him Antonio born 28 April 1874.

She died in Carolei. I have no dates on the above. This information came from Amcestry, but I have no other information. I have tried searching Irish records but unable to find anything. Believe this might be an interesting story.

Thank you
Carol
Paolo47
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Hi Carol,
Here is a plan for you. Try to find the marriage record for Francesco Felice and Gaetana
Canonica in Carolei by ordering the film that might contain the record from the LDS,
Fanily History Center.
familysearch.org/searc...%20Library

Here is the film you should try first since Antonio was born in 1874. Publication and Marriage records from 1866 to 1900.
Pubblicazioni 1866-1900 Matrimoni 1866-1900 Morti 1866-1900 1640739 Items 2-4
You can order these on line and you need to know the FHC near you where you can view them.

You can locate a FHC near you
familysearch.org/locat...terlocator

If you find this marriage record, it should have these guys parents on it, plus where Gaetana came from or was born.

Hope this helps and have a good weekend,

Paul

carolmayfield32

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Paul
Since these records are in Italian, do you use a translating web site? I'm not too happy with the one I use.....
Thanks again & enjoy your day
Carol
Paolo47
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Hi Carol.

The records will never reach your house, so you can't use a translator.

You will need to find a Latter Day Saints Church, (Family History Center) near you and rent the film. Once the film comes to your FHC, you can go there to the center and view them.

The film comes in rolls so you need to ask how to use the viewing machines. Ask the volunteers at the center to help you. This is what they do.

The records are in Italian, but if there is an index of names after each year.
I would look for 1874, since this is when Antonio was born. Then you can go back to 1873-72-71. Look for Felice (alphabetical order) in the index for each year and if you find the marriage record, note the number of the record and roll the film back to look at the record.
Even if it is in Italian, the names are recognizable.

It sounds difficult, but it really isn't. Take your time with this and before you know it, you will have learned much about your family history.

Always happy to answer your questions,

Paul

carolmayfield32

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Paul, I was just looking to translate the record that comes up on my computer. I have used a translator website to translate an Italian website, or if I receive a note that is in Italian etc.
I speak very little Italian, having grown up with my maternal grandparents, but unfortunately never spoke it very much. I do understand the language in a few dialects.

Thank you so very much again
Carol
carolmayfield32

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Paola, not sure if I ever answered you back on the film suggestions at FHC? Fortunately there is one about a mile from our Genealogy Library. Will check it out on line first as they may be there & I won't have to order the film.
Thanks again & have a great week-end
Carol
carolmayfield32

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Hi Paolo Question
Where can I find film numbers (or a list) that shows descriptions & their film numbers.
I have searched on Family Search not found what it is I'm looking for. I am trying to search via the "plan" in your last reply.

Thanks so much
Carol
carolmayfield32

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

carolmayfield32 wrote:
Hi Paolo Question
Where can I find film numbers (or a list) that shows descriptions & their film numbers.
I have searched on Family Search not found what it is I'm looking for. I am trying to search via the "plan" in your last reply.

Thanks so much
Carol
Hi Paola
I was just wondering if you saw my last message (request)?
Carol
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Carol,

Open the following link and scroll down. The "Nati (Birth)" records 1866-1873 and 1874-1900 are available to view at your local Family History Center. You should not have to order microfilm for them. Records with a camera icon are all available to view locally; those with the reel icon only need to be ordered.

familysearch.org/searc...%20Library

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
carolmayfield32

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching siblings of Paternal Grandfather & Grandmother Reply with quote

Hi Biff, I understand what you said, but my question is about finding out about film numbers with their description should I need to order films. At one time I was sent a sheet with such listings & of course I misplaced it. Am I asking the wrong question?
It is so nice to hear from you once again.
Thanks
Carol
  Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: