Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › General Discussion Groups › Ancestry press

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Ancestry press
Want to share something new or just have fun? You can do that here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Ancestry press Reply with quote

I did a web seminar yesterday to learn how to make a family history book through Ancestry Press. You don't need a paid subscription to make one. You just have to register an account for access to it. I also learned that if you already have ancestry and a family tree on it, the program will auto generate a book and you can edit it to customize it with your own pictures and stories. All pictures you load onto the book are private (not publically viewable) unless you also have them on your public ancestry tree. The book is about $29 for up to 100 pages.

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ancestry press Reply with quote

This sounds interesting. How long did it take to do the seminar? What else can you tell us about it? Does it teach you anything? More details please since I'm always looking for new projects! lol

Calabria Exchange
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry press Reply with quote

Well, I think the seminar was a one time live webcast. It was last night. However, I think if you go to ancestrypress.ancestry.com that there is a tutorial. The book can be based on a pedigree chart of one person or a couple. They don't have a descendant tree based book yet. It generates pages with a time line, tree, family group sheets, census pages, etc...If you have ancestry, you can use all of your historical docs. saved to your tree. Then you can add your own pictures. They also have built in templates, backgrounds, and embellishments. You can also use images or postcards, maps, etc... from ancestry's image library. They mentioned using the Library of Congress' for public domain pics. They have recipe templates too so you can make family recipe pages. You can add text by cutting and pasting it from a Word doc.

liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry press Reply with quote

The software that I use to keep my genealogical database, Legacy Family Tree, includes a powerful function, the Publishing Center, that allows you to
create professional-looking books by assembling the various reports and charts available in Legacy into one single document. This can include ancestor and descendant book reports, pedigree charts, family group records, picture scrapbooks and much more. You can also add a table of contents, other introductory sections and an overall index and list of source citations.

You can preview the book on the screen and then create a PDF, HTML, or Rich Text File.

hide

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry press Reply with quote

These both sound great. The new LDS site has some new features too that includes this sort of thing. I would love to do one of these books for my Dad for Christmas but am holding out for that elusive picture and perhaps a contact with stories. This type of book would make a fabulous gift for my Aunts and Uncles too.

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry press Reply with quote

I use MyHeritage, sounds like it performs the same functions as Livio's. Very easy to use and edit.

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry press Reply with quote

Here is the link to see a replay of the webseminar: w.on24.com/r.htm?e=966...9E455B9215

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry press Reply with quote

Once my websites are moved, I plan on making a book for my dad for Christmas. I want to assemble a timeline so I can tell a story. With so many cousins, it is difficult to figure out but it seems like most of his cousins immigrated to other countires before him. I do have immigration dates for many of them but my information is all over the place! Sad Do any of these programs allow you to run reports or input this type of information so it can be assembled in one place? I only use the LDS software so I am looking to buy software. I want to choose the one that will fit my need best. With close to 1,000 people in my tree it's getting confusing.
Thanks.

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry press Reply with quote

The software I use does that. It's free, you might want to download it and take a look. Way easier and more functions than the software LDS provides. Livio's sounds the same as mine, you may want to check out both of them. I use MyHeritage Family Tree Builder and I love it.

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry press Reply with quote

I just wanted to add that I read the FINE print on ancestry press. The book is about $29 for 24 pages. Every page thereafter is .39 a page. The page limit is 100 pages.

Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: