Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › Non-Italian Genealogy › Declarations and Petitions from PA

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Declarations and Petitions from PA
Looking for non-Italian records? Post your questions here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Non-Italian Genealogy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

I would be happy to. I do not have access at work but will check it tonight when I get home from work.

joannsalvo
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Hi,
The city is Wilmerding, PA.
If you look in the middle of the page, under KARL KABBEL it states WITNESS but the city is noted again and PO.
Which means the Wilmerding Post Office.

I checked on google maps and Wilmerding is about 290 miles from Philadelphia.

I hope this helps,
Joann
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Sorry I am so late - just got home. I forgot I was going to my parents house. Here is the record I found: Karl Kabbel
I hope this is your Karl.

lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Hi Kathy; Thank you. I do have a copy of Karl Kabbel's Petition for Naturalization as well as the index and his WWII draft registration. I would like to find a copy of his declaration of intention or ship manifest. Wilmerding is the town where our grandfather Hugo Kabbel was born in 1902. Obviously Karl was living in Wilmerding in 1902 and 1903 but cannot find him on a census record prior to 1910, in NJ or PA. Today I wrote to the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Department, for a copy of Hugo's BC, as all records prior to 1906 are now located in this Library. Have been trying to locate the burial and marriage records of Karl and his wife Frieda Harnisch but no luck so far.
There are ship manifests for Wilholm Kebbel 4/27/01 comming to see his father (?) Karl Kebbel in Wilmerding PA. (Karl did not have a son named Wilholm, I think he may be his brother) Auguste Kebbel and Emma Kebbel arriving 9/18/08 to see their brother Karl Kebbel in Passaic, NJ and Albert Kebbel, arriving 12/16/12 to see his brother Karl Kebbel in Brooklyn, NY. The surname has been altered over the years, Kabbel, Kebbel, Kaebbel, Kabble.
Thank you for your time and effort, just thought that Footnote may contain records that have eluded me for years.

lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Jackpot! Just found the manifest for Karl Kabbel, April 1895, listed as Carl Kebel! They just keep changing the spelling.

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Thats great Carole! I was going to look a bit later. Need to rest first. I did start working on your picture though Smile

Calabria Exchange
lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Hello all: Just wanted to keep you updated about this line of my research. I have been contacted by a gentleman in Europe who is related to my husband's great grandfather Karl Kabbel! He contacted me after reading my post here on Gente di Mare about Karl and his children! This is so wonderful. He sent me a family tree which outlines Karl's siblings, parents, grandparent and great grandparents! Most of the family is from Lithuania/Prussia boarders. I will need to verify this information. Anyone have experience with records from these region?

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

I'm so happy he contacted you. He contacted me a few days ago looking for you but my husbands grandfather passed away and I forgot to let you know he was looking for you. He told me he had some information for you and wanted to know how to reach you. He seemed like such a nice man by his email.

My apologizes for not letting you know!

As for the records, post one and we'll see what we can do. I'm sure we can figure something out between all of us, right?

Hugs

Calabria Exchange
lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Thank you Nuccia; no need to apoligize. I was so very happy to have been contacted. Never thought that posting to here would lead me to my husband's family! Just wish I could make contact with my family from Italy. Some day soon maybe!

lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Here is the family tree for our great grandfather Karl Kabbel, outlining his siblings, parents, aunts and uncles and grandparents. We are simply thrilled to have this info and so is the family of Albert Kebbel, Karl's brother. Must get over to the LDS center to look up Wirballen church records

img147.imageshack.us/i...ee1sq0.png

img47.imageshack.us/im...ee2df8.png

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

I'll check my center too the next time I go and see if there are records there from Wirballen. The more people looking the better...I'll let you know.

Calabria Exchange
lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Thank Nuccia, your assistance is appreciated.
Last night I found a post on Ancestry about a Johanna, connected to the Kabbel/Kebbel family. I left them a message and sure enough they contacted me, it is the family of Karl's cousin Johanna! I am amazed.
So where the (beeping) is my Italian family! LOL

lilbees
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Dear lotusstyle,

I have been researching my Lithuanian family members and I use the following sites.
I use a website translator for the Archives and it give me a good idea of what is being said and what I can look for.

This link is a great help in doing my research

genealogy.about.com/od...ealogy.htm

I use either Freetranslation.com www.freetranslation.com/

or Google Language Tools www.google.com/language_tools (This one has a selection for the Lithuanian language)

www.lithuaniangenealogy.org/

www.archyvai.lt/archyvai/index.jsp (in Lithuanian)

I also use a Chicago site for Lithuanian Genealogy. It is very helpful for me since a lot of my family are from the area.

Good luck Smile

lilbees

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

lotus45tiye wrote:
Thank Nuccia, your assistance is appreciated.
Last night I found a post on Ancestry about a Johanna, connected to the Kabbel/Kebbel family. I left them a message and sure enough they contacted me, it is the family of Karl's cousin Johanna! I am amazed.
So where the (beeping) is my Italian family! LOL

I know exactly how you feel. While I am happy to have contact with some of my maternal side, I am happy a hell of a time find out much about my paternal side. We'll get there. It may take a while but we will do it.. lol

Calabria Exchange
lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Declarations and Petitions from PA Reply with quote

Great Lilbees, just what I needed! Thanks Carol

Page 2 of 3All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Non-Italian Genealogy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: