Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › Announcements › Very Sad News about our Carole

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Very Sad News about our Carole
Site Related announcements and messages. Updated 21 August 2010 - PLEASE READ
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Announcements Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilbees
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

I was really speechless when hearing of Carol's passing. She is now having her well deserved rest.

May she forever rest in peace. My thoughts are with her family at this time. May they find solice and peace in their hearts.

lilbees

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

My deepest sympathy and prayers to Carole's family. She was a remarkable woman with an even more remarkable heart. We'll all miss her deeply.

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

Carole's expert and witty posts I will carry with me. She was a super person. Rest in peace Carole, you are in our prayers.

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

I guess at some point I will have to pop in here so it might as well be now. The news of Mum's death has hit me hard. I just spent the last hour re reading our Skype conversations for the last six month's over and over. The bottom line is that I can not believe she is gone. I miss her so much already. I just wanted you all to know that she loved each and everyone of you - spoke of you all often. The last few months she had been sick quite a bit with colds and her legs and sometimes she would forget things or sound totally scattered...but over all she still cared about Gente and about all of us.

Thank you all for the lovely words about her - she hated to say goodbye to people - she would prefer to go off alone somewhere and cry because she was a wonderful and sensitive person - she would be honoured to know how you all felt because that is the type of person she really was. I can still feel her holding my hand as she always said she was when I needed her........and I need her now.

I don't know much about what is going on with the funeral arrangements or with her dog, Ciccio, although I have offered to take him if there is no one else. I will keep you all posted as I know more.

Calabria Exchange
chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

I'm still in shock from hearing about Carole's passing [thank you Cathy for letting me know since I've not been to Gente in a long while]...she was one of the most helpful ladies in here, always ready to lend a hand, give advice and make people laugh... She will be missed...Rest in peace miss Carole.

~ Liz

Transcripts for towns of Petrona' - San Vincenzo la Costa and Verzino, Italy Smile
ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

My deepest condolence to Carole family, she was a great person, you will be loved by many
Riccardo

HELP ME to find the ship manifest of 1902 to USA, about my GGFather Francesco Paolo BRUNO from Trapani (1860/1938)
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

I hadn't dropped by Gente in about a week and was shocked and saddened to read the about Carole. My condolences to her family and circle of loved ones.

It was my pleasure to make Carole's acquaintance before I joined Gente. She had spied something I had posted on another website and felt the help/translation offered didn't really capture what was written so she contacted me privately and told me she would really like to translate the piece for me because she was touched by it. Of course, I jumped at her offer. As the emails passed between us, she gently pushed me to visit Gente. I joined and soon after that "the letters" came alive on this forum, thanks to Carole, Luca, and Livio. I am deeply indebted to Carole for practicing random acts of kindness and senseless beauty with such cheerfulness. I don't think she'd object to my characterization of Gente as the "Cheers" of genealogy forums--where everybody knows your name.

Rest in peace, Carole Sad

Scribbling
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

I am in such shock. We will all miss her so much. RIP dear Carole and my deepest sympathy to her family.
lynne
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I didn't know Carole like most of you did, but she was always very patient, kind and helpful to me when I called upon her for help with my research. May God bless her and her family at this time.

Researching Ali, Crisafi, Garuccio, Grigora, Guarna, Niutta, Puccio in Caulonia
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

I'm really shocked and so sad to read this news.
I'll miss you Carole. Rest In Peace.

Ada

Researching: Agazzone, Beretta, Bertona, Carbonati, Castelletta, Ferrari, Gallo, Guglielmetti, Marchini, Mascagni, Nicolazzi, Nobile, Rossi, Sacco, Tosone - gone to USA from Bogogno, province of Novara, Piedmont, Italy.
Vincenza
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

My deepest condolences to Carole's family and to her friends on Gente.
My thought and prayers and with everyone.

www.italiansicilianher...index.html
ouritaliansicilianfami...familytree

Searching surnames:
Maola, Rocca, Niro,Longo, Pennacchia (FR)
Pellerito, D'Anna, Alfano, Sassano, Alongi, Russo, LoCricchio (PA)
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

Tom, I remember those letters well. Carole played an instrumental role in reuniting many of our families here, especially for those of us that relied on her translation skills. My heart os full of gratitude and emotion. Shortly, I want to post a picture of my reunited family, which I met this past week. My branch of the family had been separated from the Italian branch for over 100 years and Carole helped lead my heart back home. Rest in peace, my friend.

qnana
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

I didn't know Carole, except for what was posted on the Forum. She was very helpful to all and I learned a great deal from her posts. My fondest memory of Carole were the photos she posted about a year ago of her home in winter and of herself with other ladies in her village. What a privilege they were to view!

I believe a measure of a person's life is the response given by those who knew them in life. The comments made on this forum concerning Carole's passing, say it all. Requisat in pace Carole.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

What lovely sentiments everyone has shared! Mum would be really happy to know just how much she was loved. Funeral arrangements are as follows:

Thursday, September 2, 2010 (That would have been her birthday)
10am in Shoreham by Sea Sussex
Caring Lady Funeral Directors
68 The High Street
Shoreham by Sea
West Sussex
BN435DB

0044 1273 464647

Are there any of our members who live in that area and can attend? If so thank you - I know she would be pleased. I am contacting the funeral director tomorrow for the rest of us to see what we can do - if anything so that we can also somehow "attend" virtually. I'm not sure this is possible but I am going to try. Meanwhile, we should now figure out about how we will send flowers and messages. Sergio is very appreciative of our support. Again, if there are any members from England reading this we could use your help and advice.

Calabria Exchange
DaveFerro
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Very Sad News about our Carole Reply with quote

Still sad after hearing about Carole last night - she is in my mother's prayers and mine and her family.
All the while reading a book about the 'real' Alice (in Wonderland), I kept thinking "Have to ask Carole about all this."

Dave

Ferro (from Ferri)(TE); De(i)Marzio, Nervina(o), Colucci, Gatto, Testa(CB); Basile(BA) ; Bianchi(AQ); Augello, Bissi, Iacono(AG); Pisano(), Impaglia () Friends looking also: Vivenzio (SA); LoPiccolo(PA)-seems to be Lopicolo originally
  Page 2 of 4All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Announcements Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: