I am still at it.
They must have a lot of people doing this. It seems they are finished with a lot of things that were there when I began in august.
Three people work on every sheet. Someone else does the identical sheet as I have done. Then it goes to the 3rd person who is called the arbitrator. This person compares the two sheets, mine and the other persons..and if things dont match up (misspellings etc) they decide which is correct or if neither is correct (according to their eyes) they add what they think it says.
I kinda have a slight problem with this, because basically, that last person might be seeing it wrong...but, I guess there is no other way this can be done.
Anyway, so far, I have noticed..the federal censuse for 1870 NY..is done..or my part is done. Thats removed from my list..so is tennessee and alabama. I also cant get the 1920 for alabama...and it seems the indian census is gone, too.
I did more work on the trento baptisms, since nuccia posted some article and I saw that was only 7% done. There seems to be noplace on their site, that I can bring up the info of how much is done on what is left. They send you a notice, twice a month right in the program..and in only one..did they give a percentage on one of the projects.
I also notice, on their list of upcoming projects..there are none from italy. I wonder if that could be there arent enough people chosing the italian records to index.
I am not fluent in italian but know enough to pull off the info needed to index. It takes me twice as long to do 3 sheets of 8 or less names per sheet..than it does to do a 40 name census. Not, because of the language barrier but because these are a 2 page document and I have to manually move the document over to get the info from page 2..which are the parents names.
What I wonder is..if the person who is going to arbitrate these things..has to have at least some knowledge in the italian language.
I had been coming across 2..what I thought were pretty peculiar italian names. After a few pages, I decided to stick these "names" into an italian translator..and found..one meant nameless..and the other meant newborn (told ya I wasnt fluent..but, I knew enough to figure out, these things werent names)..lol You have to put a blank marking, when it isnt a name. Now..if the arbitrator knows less italian than myself...or the second person who did the sheet..doesnt realize...those two words can end up as someones name..lol
I am telling ya..this is a real education on why we have so much trouble finding our people, sometimes..lol